- The Sony DADC warehouse in London was destroyed, claiming physical product from several prominent indie labels. Later in the week, Gang of Four bassist David Allen weighed in on the situation.
- Ben Weasel broke his radio silence four months after the SXSW incident to reveal what's he "learned" in the meantime
- Pat Kim and Steve Morris left Unwritten Law after an altercation with frontman Scott Russo
- Australia's Soundwave Revolution festival was cancelled after headliner Van Halen pulled out of the gig
- Banner Pilot detailed their new album, Heart Beats Pacific
- Finally, the Spotify discussion became interesting this week after Century Media removed their catalogue from the service; Spotify themselves issued a rebuttal of sorts. We talked about it on this week's Punknews Podcast.
- Submit News
- Best New Music
- New Releases
- Contact Us
Posted by bryne on Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I’m Bryne Yancey and I’ll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here’s what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
News (327 comments)
Please login or register to post comments.What are the benefits of having a Punknews.org account?
Managing EditorAdam White
Contributing EditorsBryne Yancey Kira Wisniewski Brittany Strummer Andrew Waterfield Armando Olivas John Flynn Chris Moran John Gentile
Copy EditorAdam Eisenberg Britt Reiser
Podcast ProducerNariman Shariat
ISSN 1710-5366© Copyright 1999-2013 Punknews.org
Other Places to Go