Luke McNeill - The Copyrights10. Direct Hit - Domesplitter
9. Night Birds - The Other Side of Darkness
8. Underground Railroad to Candyland - Knows Your Sins
7. Yuck - Yuck
6. Tenement - Napalm Dream
5. Banner Pilot - Heart Beats Pacific
4. Fucked Up - David Come to Life
3. House Boat - The Thorns of Life
2. Bright Eyes - The People's Key
1. Ryan Adams - Ashes and Fire
Brian Przybylski - ShoresIn no particular order:
- Talons' - Songs for Foats
The saddest, most beautifully composed songs about life, er, I mean, boats, possibly ever written.
- Accordion Crimes - Songs to Drive Wives Away
The album that should finally make the "90s throwback" tag extinct, and start a new era.
- Creepoid - Horse Heaven
We were lucky enough to become great pals with the best new band we heard in 2011.
Widowspeak - s/t
A go-to for all the bummer summer nights and hungover fall mornings.
- True Widow - As High as the Highest Heavens...
As if we didn't know the follow up was going to drown everything else.
- Wavelets - Athaletics
The kind of record that makes you glad you have a band, and makes me wish I had another.
- Real Estate - Days
If this is too anything for you, you're doing it all wrong. guitar and vocal melody perfection.
- Seapony - Go with Me
So familiar, so undeniable. A van staple.
- Restorations - s/t
When I was a kid, I couldn't ride my bike across town without getting hit by water balloons thrown by older kids. For some reason that seems relevant to my love for this record.
- Daniel Striped Tiger - No Difference
The main riff of "no reverse." No further words needed.
Dave Drobach - Grabass Charlestons / No Idea Production ManagerIn no particular order:
- Future Virgins - Western Problems
- Cutman - Universal Laws
- Good Luck - Without Hesitation
- Senders - Lucidity / Lividity
- Post Teens - s/t 7"
- Obits - Moody, Standard and Poor
- Chris Wollard & Addison Burns - Little Bitta 7"
- Tom Waits - Bad As Me
- Big Eyes - Hard Life
- Big Kitty - Florence