While the band's official lineup has been consistent for the past decade, touring guitarists have filled in for Jeff Hanneman due to illness.
Last year, I discovered 90% of Slayer’s tour income was being deducted as expenses, leaving 10% or less to split amongst the four of us. This is not the way a band’s business should operate. […] I sat down with [the band] to propose a new business model [but] Kerry [King] made it clear he wasn’t interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, […] I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates.
- Submit News
- Best New Music
- New Releases
- Contact Us
In a surprising change to their almost static lineup, Slayer has parted ways with founding drummer Dave Lombardo. Lombardo founded the thrash metal pioneers with Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman, and Kerry King though he left the band for a decade beginning 1992. He made a lengthy statement about the decision:
American Recordings (60 comments)
Please login or register to post comments.What are the benefits of having a Punknews.org account?
Managing EditorAdam White
Contributing EditorsBryne Yancey Kira Wisniewski Brittany Strummer Andrew Waterfield Armando Olivas John Flynn Chris Moran John Gentile
Copy EditorAdam Eisenberg Britt Reiser
Podcast ProducerNariman Shariat
ISSN 1710-5366© Copyright 1999-2013 Punknews.org
Other Places to Go