- Another layer was added to the Dropkick Murphys / Neo Nazis story after the band received threats from Australian Neo-Nazis.
- UK-based Attack Attack! broke up. One down, one to go.
- Alkaline Trio streamed their upcoming LP My Shame is True. Elvis Costello is rolling in his grave!
- Dave Klein left Screeching Weasel to join Black Flag. Does this qualify as a "carnival of Schadenfreude" or not? I'm still fuzzy on what that actually means.
- Fall Out Boy released a new song, "The Phoenix." Actual passage from Pete Wentz's book:
“I pull at her buckle; it’s turned around to the side of her pants. Ten scene points. I grab her hair, which is jet-black and covers her face in just the right way. Twenty-five scene points. She’s about to get the boy you couldn’t catch in between the sheets. One hundred scene points.”
- Queens of the Stone Age joined Matador Records and announced a new album, Like Clockwork. It will probably be really good.
- The Wonder Years revealed a new song called "Passing Through A Screen Door," and raise your hand if you also initially read it as "Pissing Through A Screen Door." Up the punx!!!
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we’ll see you Monday morning.