This has to be one of the best compilations, if not THE best compilation ever put together. Most of the bands and songs all rock hard. This cd perfectly captures the sound of the mid 90's punk/indie explosion, along with some old-school classics. Listening to this cd will surely take you back to a time when Green Day and Nirvana ruled the airwaves and not IN'SINK.
1) Descendents- Coffee Mug:This song starts off the cd perfectly. It's short, loud, and fast. One of the Descendents' harder songs. (Off the Album "Everything Sucks.")
2) Pennywise- Perfect People: The first time I heard this song i wasn't too impressed, it's not one of Pennywise's best, but its still an alright song off the album "About Time." For anyone getting into Pennywise I'd suggest this album, or "Perfect Cricle."
3) Pulley- Cashed In: This is one of my favorite songs off the comp., its also one of my favorite songs by Pulley. It's got a great, fast beat and an awsome melody. This one should have your toes tapping in no time. (off the album "Esteem driven Engine.")
4) Me First And The Gimme Gimmes- Only The Good Die Young: This is another favorite of mine off the compilation. The Gimmes do a great job of covering the Billy Joel hit. This was actually the first song I heard from the band, and I was so impressed I went out and bought "Have A Ball." That album doesn't contain this song, its on and EP called "Billy", I haven't seen it anywhere in stores.
5) The Humpers- Mutate With Me: This is the only song I've heard from this band, it's a pretty good one. It has more of an old school/street punk feel to it. I can't really compare it to any of their other stuff, since I havent heard it. ( off the album "Plastique Valentine")
6) Rancid- Side Kick: This a good Rancid song off "Let's go", although it doesn't compare with anything from the album "...And Out ComeThe Wolves." The loud, crazy bass that Rancid usually has, adds to the enjoyment.
7) Millencolin- Bullion: I truly think this song is a f*ckin' classic. It's speed, melody, and rawness just wants to make me f*ckin mosh. This is one of those songs that perfectly captures that mid 90's punk sound with intensity and honesty in lyrics (although they are hard to understand with that heavy Swedish accent.) (Off the album "Life On A Plate.")
8) Voodoo Glow Skulls- El Coo Cooi: This song is funny as hell I think. They sing in Spanish, so i have no idea what they are saying. The only thing I know is that chorus for this ska song will be stuck in your head for a long, long time. ( Off the album "Firme.")
9) The Joykiller- Hate: This is another very good song, from a band I haven't heard anything else from. The beat of the song is pretty catchy. (off the album "Static.")
10) T.S.O.L- Code Blue: This an old school classic. The lyrics are dirty as hell and funny as hell. Great song to blast from your car stereo, in an old peoples' home parking lot. The look on the faces of those old ladies will be a kodak moment.(off cd "Dance With Me.")
11) NOFX- Whatever Didi Wants: This a slower more poppy NOFX song from the shitty "Heavy Petting Zoo" (great cover though) . At first listen I didn't like it, but it grows on you.
12) Down By Law- Gruesome Gary: This is another one of my favorite songs off the cd. Too bad all of Down By Law's songsweren't this good. Great sing-along chorus, funny lyrics, and there is nifty guitar solo on there too. (off album"All scratched Up.")
13) Poison Idea- This is an alright song. Can't really say much about this one, I haven't heard much from this band. one of those songs you will forget sooner from this album.
14)DFL-Thought Control: Ok, this band mixes punk with rap,sounds alot like Beastie Boys but not nearly as good. this is the low point of the cd. What happened to these guys? Never heard of them besides this one song.(this is apreviously unreleased song.
15)SNFU- Don't Have The Cow:Another band who's only work i've heard is this song. Oh well, it's still a good one. (From album "Fyulaba.")
16) Bad Religion- Give You Nothing: This is an awsome, fast paced and catchy Bad Religion song from one of my favorite albums by them, "Suffer." The album is a classic. Also listen to the album "No Control."
17) New Bomb Turks- Jukebox Lean: I don't really like this band, so the song just doesn't click with me. The guys voice is annoying and whiny. Song sounds kind of like new wave song. I'm sorry, but a bad way to end such a great comp.