Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Pitchfork sparked an interesting discussion about how little bands make through Spotify and Pandora.
- Blink-182 are celebrating the holidays by promising to release a new EP around Christmas time.
- A new, previous unreleased song from Rancid surfaced.
- Rancid's Tim Armstrong also released new music from his side project, Tim Timebomb and Friends.
- Brody Dalle, formerly of The Distillers and Spinnerette, announced the completion of her first solo effort.
- Bad Religion weighed in on their upcoming release, True North
- Marky Ramone of The Ramones announced he will be participating in an online autograph session.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.