Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- An employee was fired from his job at the Rocketown venue in Nashville, TN for wearing a Hostage Calm shirt in support of gay marriage.
- Due to recent controversies surrounding firearms, UK-based This Town Needs Guns, decided to change their name to the abbreviated TTNG.
- The Mars Volta decided to call it a day after Cedric Bixler-Zavala announced his departure.
- The 2013 line up for Coachella was announced with groups such as Descendents, Social Distortion, and The Gaslight Anthem confirmed for appearances.
- Lawrence Arms / Wandering Bird, Brendan Kelly, talked about everything from Van Halen to Tyler the Creator in a recent interview.
- Tim Armstrong's project, Tim Timebomb and Friends, continued to release new songs as part of their 'Song a Day' project.
- Face to Face finished mastering their new record, Three Chords and a Half Truth.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.