Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Punknews created a petition and officially endorsed Mikey Erg on his campaign to become Against Me!'s new drummer. Punknews feature editor, John Gentile, sat down with Erg to discuss his campaign.
- The New York Times covered the punk band, Moshiach Oi!, consisting of Orthodox Jews who are also the subject for a documentary entitled Punk Jews.
- Paramore released a lyric video for the track "Still Into You" from their upcoming self-titled release.
- Strung Out announced plans for a box set containing remixed and remastered versions of their first 3 releases.
- Municipal Waste now have their own brand of beer: Toxic Revolution Stout Ale.
- Rise Against announced plans to release a deluxe edition of their 2003 LP Revolutions Per Minute
- Anti-Flag revealed the dates for an east coast tour.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.