- Black Flag guitarist and co-founder Greg Ginn filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against the five members of FLAG as well as Henry Rollins. This could get messy.
- The Gaslight Anthem frontman Brian Fallon had something to say about all the dumb SPRINGSTEEN!!! chants going on at the band's shows.
- A Hot Water Music beer that will likely not taste like warmed-over canned PBR is due out in September.
- Ian MacKaye confirmed the legitimacy of the Minor Threat t-shirts being sold by Urban Outfitters, saying plainly, "It's not a political thing for me. I just don't give a fuck about T-shirts."
- The lineup for Against Me! became slightly more solidified with the permanent addition of drummer Atom Willard.
- Fat Wreck Chords revealed some details about the upcoming Tony Sly with tribute compilation, which to briefly editorialize, looks amazing.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning