This is something new, and hopefully Aubin, Kip, and Shindo will all post their choices too. Let's get right down to it.
TOP TEN RELEASES OF 2001:
Honorable Mentions: Hot Water Music - A Flight and a Crash, Reubens Accomplice - I Blame The Scenery, Rival Schools - United By Fate, Cake - Comfort Eagle, Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon, Pete Yorn - musicforthemorningafter, Ben Folds - Rockin' The Suburbs, Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down, Dismemberment Plan - Change, Radiohead - Amnesiac, and a bunch more
10. Small Brown Bike - Dead Reckoning
9. Thursday - Full Collapse
8. Tool - Lateralus
7. Soulcracker - At Last, For You
6. Diffuser - Injury Loves Melody
5. Cursive - Burst And Bloom
4. The Faint - Danse Macabre
3. Ted Leo/Pharmacists - The Tyranny Of Distance
2. The [International] Noise Conspiracy - A New Morning, Changing Weather
1. System Of A Down - Toxicity
THE THREE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS OF 2001:
1. Weezer - The Green Album
2. Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
3. Alkaline Trio - From Here To Infirmary
THE MOST ANTICIPATED ALBUM OF 2002:
Well duh, like I wouldn't say the new Bad Religion album. I've already heard it, and let me tell you it is a shoe-in for my top ten of 2002 already [and I'm not even that big of a BR fan, although that seems to be changing]. If you really want to hear it, IM me and we'll see what we can do, mp3 wise. Runner ups to the "most anticipated" for me are Weezer [this is their last chance, in my book, but the demos sound bomb], Thrice [their debut promised so much], Get Up Kids [let's see if they can make a "comeback"], The Promise Ring [let's see if they can make a comeback!], Thursday, and a slew more.
Okay, so those were my choices, hastily decided to appease the masses. Tell me how much I or the bands I like suck below.