Kerrang has announced the release date and participants for their upcoming "re-recording" of Metallica's classic Master of Puppets album. The disc will be packaged with issues of the magazine starting on April 5th and include each track on the original album performed by an artist for the record's 20th anniversary. A pre-order for individual copies of the album will begin tomorrow.
Welsh act Bullet for My Valentine contributed "'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" and other acts including Trivium, Fightstar, Mastodon and Funeral for a Friend also participated in the eight track album. In addition, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich contributed the sleeve notes for the album.
The label has titled the tribute Remastered.
- Machine Head - 'Battery'
- Trivium- 'Master Of Puppets'
- Mendeed - 'The Thing That Should Not Be'
- Bullet For My Valentine - 'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)'
- Chimaira - 'Disposable Heroes'
- Fightstar - 'Leper Messiah'
- Mastodon - 'Orion'
- Funeral For A Friend - 'Damage, Inc.'.