A 26 year-old fan died yesterday at the Vans Warped Tour in Bonner Springs, KS, just outside of Kansas City, MO. Details are scant at this point, but with rumors that the death was due to dehydration, the organizers of the tour posted this message to the Warped twitter account:
"There is no confirmation this was due to dehydration, cardiac, other substances, etc. We do provide first aid to anyone who needs it. If this was due to dehydration, the tour is not responsible for water prices and we change venue rules to allow you to bring it in with you. What's happened today is an unforeseeable tragedy that shouldn't have happened. We are all upset and shocked and our hearts are heavy. Please remember to be responsible when you are at an event like this. At ANY possible sign of a problem, PLEASE contact a venue member."
It's worth noting that yesterday Bridge Nine Records, who has a tent on this year's tour, posted an update to their twitter account that said the venue in Bonner Springs was charging ten dollars for a bottle of water in 100 degree temperatures. We'll keep you updated as more details surface.
Our deepest condolences go out to the friends and family of the fan.