Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Bill Ward announced that he will not be present at the upcoming Black Sabbath reunion.
- Dropkick Murphys spoke out against Wisconsin state representative, Jeff Fitzgerald, for using "Shipping Out To Boston" as his walk-on song.
- We compiled Part 2 of our guide to Bamboozle.
- The Gaslight Anthem announced the dates for an upcoming US tour.
- SPIN magazine and Dr. Frank of The Mr. T Experience listed the top 20 essential Lookout Records songs.
- Comadre released their entire discography for free download.
- Planes Mistaken for Stars will be performing together again for a handful of shows in August.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.