Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Black Flag alumni, Dez Cadena, joined the impressive line up of Flag.
- Fall Out Boy announced the end of their hiatus by revealing a new single and plans for a new album.
- Alkaline Trio unveiled the details for their upcoming release, My Shame is True.
- Against Me! entered the studio to begin work on their new album, Transgender Dysphoria Blues, with Rocket From the Crypt drummer, Atom Willard.
- Fun. announced a tour with Tegan and Sara.
- The release date for Streetlight Manifesto's new album was once again delayed.
- Punknews Feature Editor, John Gentile, sat down with Peter Hook of Joy Division and New Order.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.