Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- We gave you, the readers, a chance to ask the legendary Larry Livermore some questions.
- Vice gave us some insight on why the word "'punk' is a totally stupid word".
- In an effort to attract the younger and older audience, Warped Tour have offered free admission for parents.
- Some issues arose at the Amnesia Rockfest.
- We had a chat with Jordan Pundik of New Found Glory.
- Dennis LyxzÃ©n of Refused and The International Noise Conspiracy announced his new project, INVSN.
- The Transplants streamed their new album, In A Warzone, in its entirety.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning