Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- The Bouncing Souls told their fans that they would reveal their new drummer at their recent show at Asbury Lanes. It turned out to be none other than the talented George Rebelo of Hot Water Music.
- We, like many of you, are getting prepared for The Fest 12 and we compiled a list of 12 under the radar bands to check out this year.
- Devout believers in partying will now have a sacred text to guide their lives thanks to the party god, Andrew W.K., who announced plans to publish his book, The Party Bible .
- We brought you the exclusive video premiere of Red City Radio's Two Notes Shy of an Octave".
- Jailed Pussy Riot member, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, revealed she was going on a hunger strike in protest to the living and working conditions her and the other incarcerated women are experiencing.
- Lagwagon revealed they are working on a new album.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.