Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- To get you pumped up for The Fest 12 we hosted a Live Q&A with the one and only Mikey Erg.
- Fall Out Boy revealed a new punk/hardcore inspired song and the track list for their upcoming release Pax AM Days. They also shared some details about the record.
- The Lawrence Arms finally finished recording their much anticipated new album.
- We tallied your favorite records from September with The Flatliners leading the pack.
- A Wilhelm Scrream revealed the details for their new album Partycrasher.
- Jade Puget of AFI discussed what can be expected of the band's new album, Burials.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.