Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- We tallied your your favorite records from May with Masked Intruder leading the pack.
- The death of GWAR's Dave Brockie was revealed to be an accidental heroin overdose.
- Ice T's band Bodycount released the song "Bitch in the Pit".
- Rise Against revealed the details for their upcoming album, The Black Market.
- Pennywise released a new song, "Violence Never Ending", from their forthcoming rarities collection, Yesterdays.
- Mike Park's Bruce Lee Band announced their first show in 10 years in San Francisco, CA featuring a lineup of members from Bomb the Music Industry!, MU330, The Chinkees, and Skankin' Pickle.
Click below to check out this past week's collection of new streaming music, features and interviews. You'll also find our new weekly Q&A and where you can find the Punknews staff to yell at on Twitter. Talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday morning.
Radio Free Punknews
Check out the Punknews Music page to stream all sorts of new music from recent or upcoming releases. Our latest additions include:
- The latest release from Rats in the Wall
The People Must Have Something Good To Read
In the past few weeks we've spoken with a number of bands and artists. Don't miss out on these interviews: