Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews.
I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- We hosted a live Q&A with Chris 2 of Anti-Flag.
- Sick of it All revealed the details for The Last Act of Defiance.
- Ian Watkins lost his appeal for a reduced jail term.
- The first teaser for the SLC Punk sequel was released.
- Billie Joe Amrstrong revealed he recorded a song with DJ Avicii.
- Andrew Seward started a new band called Strange Lords.
Click below to check out this past week's collection of new streaming music, features and interviews. You'll also find where you can find the Punknews staff to yell at on Twitter. Talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday morning.
The People Must Have Something Good To Read
In the past few weeks we've spoken with a number of bands and artists. Don't miss out on these interviews:
Previous StoryNew Review Update: July 25, 2014
Next StoryRelease Schedule: New Releases Out This Week
Anti-Flag release video for "Digital Blackout"
Jera On Air announces 2018 line up
Rock on the Range announce line-up
Anti-Flag/Stray From the Path (US)
Reel Big Fish/Anti-Flag/Mad Caddies (UK)
Screaming Females, Mischief Brew, Open City, more on 100+ track Benefit Comp
Twenty Years Later: Sick of it All's 'Built to Last'
The Decline ! finally cross the Atlantic for FME
Anti-Flag announce 'American Fall'
Sick Of It All hit by drunk driver