Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel coming to you from Punk Rock Bowling in Las Vegas, Nevada and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Fear And Loathing Las Vegas, Rhino Films
- Be sure to listen to the 300th episode of the Punknews Podcast!
- Morrissey claimed to be backing out of playing Riot Fest and then changed his mind.
- Editor Adam Eisenberg interviewed Ed Breckenridge of Thrice. The band released a new track as well.
- Dinosaur Jr. announced a new album and tour.
- Mikey Erg released a new track from his upcoming record.
- Leftover Crack released a new video.
- Scorpios are working on a new album.
- Features Editor John Gentile interviewed Jack Terricloth about the upcoming Sticks And Stones reunion show.
- Face To Face released a new video.
- Yours truly interviewed Brendan Kelly of The Falcon, The Lawrence Arms and Brendan Kelly And The Wandering Birds.
- Get Dead announced their next album and released a new single.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight letâ€™s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.