Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in Black Flag week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Listen to the Punknews Podcast Black Flag Special!
- Reviewer Tom Crandle wrote about the legacy of Black Flag.
- DRI announced some tour dates.
- MakeWar announced some tour dates.
- Contemporary punk artists commented on how Black Flag influenced them.
- The Flatliners released a new song.
- Black Sabbath officially broke up…and they're super cereal about it.
- Features Editor John Gentile wrote about the bands members of Black Flag formed later in their careers.
- A Morrissey T-shirt caused a controversy.
- Blink-182 released a new song from their upcoming deluxe album.
And so ends Black Flag week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.