Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- The line up for This Is Hardcore was released.
- Editor Samantha Barrett interviewed Corey Mastrangelo of Vasudeva.
- AFI were on Amoeba Records' What's In My Bag? series.
- Check out the Punknews list of new bands to see at Punk Rock Bowling.
- Choking Victim announced some tour dates.
- Yours truly interviewed Ludvig Gür & Ralph D'Amato of the Pretending I'm A Superman: The Tony Hawk Video Game Story documentary.
- Blink-182 released a new lyric video.
- The Movielife signed to Rise Records and announced some tour dates.
- Black Dots and Gentlemen Prefer Blood announced a split 7-inch.
- 924 Gilman was recognized by the Berkeley City Council.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.
Follow Punknews.org on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr.