Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Against Me!
- AJJ announced some more tour dates.
- Manchester Orchestra announced a tour.
- Pkew Pkew Pkew released a new video.
- The Proletariat have some new releases in the works and they announced some shows.
- Sloppy Seconds announced their first release in about a decade and they announced a tour.
- The trailer for the documentary Don't Break Down: A Film About Jawbreaker was released.
- Jorge Herrera of The Casualties decided to quit the band.
- Hot Water Music released a video.
- Features Editor John Gentile interviewed John Joseph of the Cro-Mags and Bloodclot.
- It looks like Soundcloud is in trouble.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at firstname.lastname@example.org to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.