Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Eden Kittiver
- Fest 17 announced its first round of bands.
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones announced a tour.
- The Thermals decided to break up.
- Yours truly interviewed DJ Bonebrake of X.
- L7 will be releasing a new album in 2019.
- Sincere Engineer performed for LFTRR.
- Photographer Stephen McGill took some pictures at Drive-By Truckers' recent show.
- The Offspring and 311 announced a tour.
- Strung Out performed a song with Travis Barker of Blink-182 on drums.
- Proud Parents have signed to Dirtnap Records.
- No Fun At All streamed their new album.
- Night Birds are working on a new album.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at firstname.lastname@example.org to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.