Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Riot Fest 2013 revealed the line up for this year's celebration with acts such as AFI, Blink-182, Rocket from the Crypt, Fall Out Boy, and many more.
- To celebrate Pouzza fest we hosted a live Q&A with Brian Robinson of A Wilhelm Scream
- Elway unveiled the details for their new album.
- AFI released a teaser video hinting at a new album.
- Black Flag released a music video for "The Chase". Meanwhile Henry Rollins gave his two cents on the two Black Flag reunions.
- Footage surfaced of American Steel performing "Dead and Gone" at this year's DTFH Fest in Durham, NC.
- Sad news came in from The Pogues as it was revealed that guitarist Phil Chevron was diagnosed with cancer.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning