Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer Bryne Yancey and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Propagandhi teased the upcoming How To Clean Everything reissue with a remastered version of "Stick the Fucking Flag Up Your Goddam Ass, You Son of a Bitch." What a title!
- Fucked Up, At The Drive-in and others will be releasing limited edition tapes as part of the inaugural Cassette Store Day. What is your favorite cassette store? For me it's a tie between Goodwill and the Salvation Army.
- Greg Ginn released a statement regarding his lawsuit against members of FLAG and Henry Rollins, which now seems to be more about the name ownership rights than FLAG's upcoming touring plans. Whew.
- Less Than Jake detailed their upcoming album for Fat Wreck Chords, See the Light.
- Descendents are slowly, but thankfully, recording a new album.
- A trailer for this upcoming CBGB movie was posted, but Marky Ramone's Pasta Sauce wasn't in it?
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.