Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- To get you pumped up for The Fest 12 we hosted a live Q&A with Brendan Kelly of The Lawrence Arms.
- In even more preparation for The Fest we compiled 10 first old timers to watch at the event.
- LA Weekly shared their top 20 emo records of all time.
- Black Flag's Greg Ginn lost in his lawsuit against the members of FLAG and Henry Rollins.
- A number of sources who attended a Guttermouth show in Fort Collins, CO are claiming there was an altercation between the lead singer and a female attendee.
- Off With Their Heads announced an east coast tour with Morning Glory and Direct Hit!.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.