Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- We hosted a We'll Do It Live session with members of this year's Fat Wreck tour.
- Nadezhda Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot went missing.
- Polar Bear Club released a new song entitled "Upstate Mosquito".
- Bad Religion streamed their new Christmas album.
- Teenage Bottlerocket released the song "I'm the One Smoking Marijuana Motherfucker".
- Weezer revealed recording plans with The Cars' Ric Ocasek.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.