Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Against Me! streamed the new track "FUCKMYLIFE666" from their upcoming release, Transgender Dysphoria Blues.
- Ice-T's band Body Count announced plans for a new album.
- We sat down and had a chat with Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio.
- We streamed World's Scariest Police Chases' new record in its entirety.
- RVIVR released a video for "Cut the Cord".
- Video surfaced of Quicksand's full set at Fun Fun Fun Fest.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.