Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- The Menzingers streamed their new album in its entirety.
- More details surfaced of former New Found Glory member Steve Klein's current legal situation.
- The Gaslight Anthem finished work on their new album.
- The Lawrence Arms and The Copyrights revealed the dates for a small midwest tour.
- Crosses also announced a small tour.
- Banner Pilot released the new song "Effigy".
Click below to check out this past week's collection of new streaming music, features and interviews. You'll also find our new weekly Q&A and where you can find the Punknews staff to yell at on Twitter. Talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday morning.
The People Must Have Something Good To Read
In the past few weeks we've spoken with a number of bands and artists. Don't miss out on these interviews:
Previous StoryNew Review Update: April 18, 2014
Next StoryRelease Schedule: New Releases Out This Week
The Bouncing Souls / The Menzingers / Roger Harvey (EU)
The Menzingers finish recording new LP
Bayside announce new album, US tour with The Menzingers, Sorority Noise
The Falcon/The Copyrights/Sam Russo/Mikey Erg (West Coast/Southwest)
Warped Tour 2016 lineup announced
The Menzingers: "Dirty Old Town" and "Whiskey in the Jar"
Members of Banner Pilot, Soviettes and Dear Landlord announces Partial Traces
Brian Fallon: "Smoke"
The Copyrights/Ray Rocket/The Lippies (Midwest/Canada)
The Menzingers to start writing new album