Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer. I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Joyce Manor spoke out against stage diving sparking a lot of debate within the community.
- Rancid released three new songs from their upcoming record Honor Is All We Know.
- We streamed the new album from Bracket.
- Mastodon released a music video for "The Motherload".
- The Ataris and Teenage Kicks announced the dates for a US / Canada tour.
- Jeff Rosenstock released a new song from his Side One Dummy Records 7-inch.
- Pulley announced plans to play 2004's Matters in its entirety for a Music For Cancer show in Montreal, Canada.
- XTRMST released the details for their debut album.
Click below to check out this past week's collection of new streaming music, features and interviews. Talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday morning.
The People Must Have Something Good To Read
In the past few weeks we've spoken with a number of bands and artists. Don't miss out on these interviews:
Radio Free Punknews
- The latest release from Orange County, New York's Entropy
- The latest release from Bracket
- The latest release from The Picturebooks
- The latest release from Sharkanoid
You can listen to even more releases over at our music page.