Hello everyone and welcome (back) to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide (for now?) through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Ship Thieves (featuring Chris Wollard of Hot Water Music) debuted a new track.
- Pouzza Fest added more bands to it's 2016 line up.
- Strung Out will be heading to Australia and New Zealand with PEARS in March.
- The Falcon have announced their new full-length Gather Up The Chaps and a new flexi 7-inch.
- You can now earn extra punx points by buying a pair of Converse's new Sex Pistols-themed Chuck Taylor shoes.
- Sadly, the world lost the legendary David Bowie.
- Robert McAllister of Iron Chic sadly passed away as well.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible: from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands, to alienating sports, movie and beverage chatter. So talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday morning.
You're Back? What's Back?
Navel Gazing. This was a weekly summary first written by Adam White then by Brittany Strummer which ran for several years on Punknews. Various groups of people found use of it for various things we never intended, which was always a lot of weird fun, so we're taking it out for another spin.