Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- ToyGuitar announced that they are in the studio.
- Mean Jeans have a new 7-inch coming out soon.
- Philadelphia Councilman Mark Squilla withdrew his "music licenses" bill.
- Sadly, Jon Bunch of Sense Field and Further Seems Forever passed away. You can find the link to the Jon Bunch Memorial Fund here.
- NOFX announced a bunch of tour dates.
- The Circle Jerks re-released their album VI.
- Saosin signed to Epitaph Records and announced a tour.
- The Svetlanas released a new music video.
- Dag Nasty will be releasing a new 7-inch with the band's original lineup.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight letâ€™s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, loved (or hated) the outcome of the Super Bowl, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at firstname.lastname@example.org to make it happen.