On episode 295 the duo of Adam White and John Gentile discuss Apple's new patent on real-time censorship technology and how it fit's into John's prediction of the coming dark ages. We also chat about the new Dag Nasty release, new music from White Lung, reissues of Metal Urbain and Leftover Crack's super fun cover of a classic 80s tune. We also chat about that Bowie cover from Le Butcherettes with members of AFI and No Doubt and upcoming music from Canadian acts Pkew Pkew Pkew, PUP and Greys.
Show Notes & Links
- Culture Abuse @ BandCamp
- Apple granted patent on real-time censorship tech
- Dag Nasty announce new 7" with Shawn Brown"
- White Lung: "Kiss me when I Bleed"
- Alternative Tentacles reissuing Metal Urbain's debut
- Leftover Crack cover Men at Work
- Le Butcherettes with Davey Havok and Tony Kanal cover Bowie
- Pkew Pkew Pkew: "Preview to Asshole Pandemic"
- Pup: "If this tour doesn't kill you, I will""
- Greys: "Blown Out"
This episode of the Punknews Podcast was produced by Greg Simpson, the snappiest dresser in the midwest.