Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Brendan Kelly
- Punknews released a Jupiter Records tape for Record Store Day.
- Dreamcar released a new song.
- Dillinger Four have a show in New York coming up.
- 88 Fingers Louie announced some shows.
- Basement released a new video.
- Jawbreaker will be reuniting for this year's Riot Fest.
- Face To Face released a new video.
- Streetlight Manifesto and Victory Records settled their lawsuit.
- Yours truly interviewed Spike Slawson of Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, Uke-Hunt and The Re-Volts.
- Ten Foot Pole announced a new album.
- The first wave of bands playing Fest 16 and Pre-Fest 5 were announced.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. How was your Record Store Day (if you participated)? We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at firstname.lastname@example.org to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.