Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: John Paul Allen / PunkWorldViews.com
- FYF Fest announced it will be cancelled this year.
- Rats In The Wall made some changes to their line up.
- Yours truly interviewed Johnny Bonnel of Swingin' Utters.
- Brogues released an EP.
- Teen Agers released a lyric video.
- Strung Out released a video.
- Mad Caddies announced a tour.
- X announced some shows.
- Contributing editor Samantha Barrett interviewed bands playing Pouzza Fest 8 - Part 1 and Part 2.
- Unfortunately, Scott Hutchinson of Frightened Rabbit passed away.
- Harley Flanagan will be releasing a new EP and Cro-Mags demos.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.