Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Stephen McGill
- Check out the Punknews staff's list of cool record shops!
- Win tickets to see Silverstein!
- Photographer Stephen McGill took some pictures at Larry and His Flask's recent show.
- Photographer Stephen McGill took some pictures at The Joy Formidable's recent show.
- Laura Jane Grace & the Devouring Mothers released a video.
- Photographer Stephen McGill took some pictures at Mitski's recent show.
- Dirtnap Records announced American Noise: Vol. 2 .
- Photographer Stephen McGill took some pictures at Antarctigo Vespucci's recent show.
- Contributing writer Graham Isador interviewed Jeff Rosenstock and Chris Farren of Antarctigo Vespucci.
- Millencolin announced a new album and released a song. The band also announced a tour.
- Photographer Stephen McGill took some pictures at Slothrust's recent show.
- The line up for Punk Rock Holiday 2019 was announced.
- The line up for Punk Rock Bowling 2019 was announced.
- Features editor John Gentile interviewed Skippy, founder of Pirates Press Records.
- The line up for Black Christmas 2019 was announced.
- Contributing editor Samantha Barrett interviewed Jeff Berman of Divided Heaven.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.