Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Stephen McGill
- Contributing editor Ricky Frankel's book is now available. Only 150 first editions available!
- The line up for Campy Anarchy was announced.
- Contributor Eric Rosso wrote about punk rock in 1998.
- Cannibal Corpse guitarist Pat O’Brien was arrested.
- Contributor Graham Isidor interviewed Drew Thomson of Single Mothers.
- The line up for Punk In Drublic Europe was announced.
- Tegan and Sara will be releasing a memoir.
- The 2019 Rock And Roll inductees were announced.
- Iggy Pop will be hosting a mini-series.
- Swingin' Utters announced a tour.
- Green Day released a music video.
And so ends '90s week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Spotify. Check out This Might Be A Podcast on iTunes or on Spotify. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Spotify.