Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Stephen McGill
- The line up for the Record Farm anniversary show was announced!
- ICYMI: Check out the editors' (and longest running staff) Best of 2018 lists.
- ICYMI: Check out the reviewers' Best of 2018 lists.
- Beach Rats are working on new material.
- Joyce Manor announced a tour.
- The Distillers will be working on a new album this year.
- The line up for Coachella was announced.
- Dark Thoughts announced a tour.
- X is recording new material.
- Photographer Stephen McGill took some pictures at Justus Proffit's recent show.
- Screaming Females covered somes songs by Nirvana.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or on Spotify. Check out This Might Be A Podcast on iTunes or on Spotify. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Spotify.