Best of 2010 - Chris's picks (Cover Artwork)
Staff Pick

Best of 2010

Best of 2010: Chris's picks

Chris's picks (2010)

staff picks


5
Chris is the video editor at Punknews.org - ed. This is my top 10 list. I'm not lazy; I'm just obsessed with David Letterman... Top 10 Albums 10 Method Man, Ghostface Killah and Raekwon: Wu-Massacre Def Jam The best Wu-Tang Clan-related release since...

Chris is the video editor at Punknews.org - ed.

This is my top 10 list. I'm not lazy; I'm just obsessed with David Letterman...

Top 10 Albums

10

Method Man, Ghostface Killah and Raekwon: Wu-Massacre

Def Jam

The best Wu-Tang Clan-related release since Supreme Clientele, and the best hip-hop record of the year.

9

Fake Problems: Real Ghosts Caught on Tape

SideOneDummy

Another chapter in Fake Problems' continuously growing sound, this record has more groove than harmony than their prior efforts.

8

None More Black: Icons

Fat Wreck

This album would have ranked much higher if it weren't for the inconsistency in the album's track sequence. Or maybe This Is Satire was just waaaaay too good.

7

The Dopamines: Expect the Worst

Paper + Plastick

One of the best pop-punk records of 2010. We streamed it, yet none of our lazy asses actually reviewed it...go figure.

6

Young Livers: Of Misery and Toil

No Idea

Energetic, raucous and a little dark; this album left me wait anxiously for their next.

5

Against Me!: White Crosses

Sire

I'll confess, 25% of this record I could live without, but the other remaining 75% is some of the band's best work to date.

4

The Flatliners: Cavalcade

Fat Wreck Chords

Before this album, the Flatiners were just another band on Fat I didn't listen to, but this record displayed an almost entirely new band band: fast, loud and very catchy.

3

Smoke or Fire: The Speakeasy

Fat Wreck Chords

A long time coming, but definitely worth the wait, the band's third record on Fat brings their sound full circle.

2

The Gaslight Anthem: American Slang

SideOneDummy

Releasing a followup to The '59 Sound is a challenge in itself, and this record delivered with improved vocals, harmonies and further experimentation of their sound.

1

The Menzingers: Chamberlain Waits

Red Scare

It's scary how young this band is, and how they keep getting better and better. Fun, energetic, unique and ambitious are just a few words to describe this record. 2010 introduced the band to many new fans, and hopefully they'll continue to receive the acclaim and recognition they truly have earned and deserve.

EP of the Year

1

Banquets: This Is Our Concern, Dude

Black Numbers

Great EP for another New Jersey band; poppy with just the right amount of rock and/or roll.