Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- It was revealed that The World / Inferno Friendship Society will be the subject of Mitch Clem's Turnstile Comix #2.
- NOFX streamed their new record, Self-Entitled, in its entirety and we also announced a contest where fans can enter for a chance to win the new release.
- No Use For a Name decided to call it a day after deciding they didn't want to continue without the late Tony Sly. .
- Fucked Up announced plans to record this winter.
- Screeching Weasel revealed 2 new shows in celebration of 27 years as a band.
- Propagandhi released their version of Cro-Mags' "Hard Times".
- Rec City Radio announced a handful of dates for their upcoming fal tour.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.