Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- It was an important week for our country and we wanted to know if you casted your vote.
- An incident occurred in Wilmington, NC during an Against Me! show where lead singer Laura Jane Grace's teeth were shattered after a microphone was kicked into her face during their performance.
- Bad Religion released a new song from their upcoming album.
- Blink-182 released a t-shirt design with all proceeds from the sales going towards relief for Hurricane Sandy.
- Rolling Stone released an interesting article on how technology has affected the music industry.
- A band was accused of cheating in an online unsigned act competition by AMP magazine.
- No Doubt pulled down their new video for the track, "Looking Hot', after complaints from the Native American community.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.