Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Anti-Flag revealed their new tasty bacon picture disc.
- We hosted a live Q&A with Johnny Bonnel of Swingin' Utters
- Masked Intruder stole a record deal with Fat Wreck Chords.
- The reunited Quicksand announced the dates for a North American tour.
- Mad Caddies released a new recording of an old song.
- Saves the Day started a campaign to raise money for their new album.
- Party king, Andrew W.K., responded to his cancelled trip to Bahrain.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.