Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Vice expressed their distaste for Epitaph's current roster.
- Against Me! released the two-song acoustic EP, True Trans, for free for a limited time.
- Pussy Riot released a music video criticizing Russian's oil industry.
- We started a new format for our reviews by hosting them daily instead of weekly.
- AFI released a new song.
- Rise Against revealed the details for a b-sides and covers album.
- Riot Fest added The Pixies, Joan Jett, Suicidal Tendencies, Andrew W.K. and many more to their already impressive roster.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning