Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- The Punknews editors and staff shared their favorite albums of 2013.
- Big Eyes and Maura Weaver of Mixtapes also shared their lists. So did Dan Yemin of Paint It Black and Joel Tannenbaum of Plow United.
- The Lawrence Arms announced a tour with Great Apes, Nothington, and The Copyrights.
- Bomb the Music Industry! revealed the impressive support for their final shows.
- Blatz announced their first show in 21 years to raise money for Mike Montano of Filth who was diagnosed with cancer.
- Propagandhi unveiled a handful of dates with The Flatliners and War on Women.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday morning.