Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Portlandia, IFC
- The Ergs! reunited on The Chris Gerhard Show. You can watch the performance here.
- Nico Santora left Suicidal Tendencies.
- Sum 41 signed to Hopeless Records.
- The line up for Dillinger Four's D4'th of July was announced.
- The line up for this year's GWAR-B-Q was announced.
- The ORIGINAL Misfits are reuniting for this year's Riot Fest -- seriously, it's really happening!
- The "other" Misfits announced that they will be releasing a new EP.
- Good Charlotte released a new song.
- Features editor John Gentile interviewed Justin Eckley of Melted.
- The Menzingers finished recording their next album.
- Fest 15 announced its second wave of bands.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight letâ€™s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at firstname.lastname@example.org to make it happen.