Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Stephen McGill
- Check out what some of the Punknews staffers been spinning on their turntables!
- MxPx released a video.
- Down By Law announced a new album and released a song.
- Danzig announced a tour.
- Public Image Limited announced a tour.
- The Damned announced a tour.
- Thrice announced the release date for their upcoming album.
- Members of Mastadon and Tool performed a cover with Primus.
- Beach Rats released a song.
- The Dirty Nil detailed their new album, released a song and announced a tour.
- Swingin' Utters announced a new album and released a song. The band also announced a tour.
- Strung Out announced a tour.
- PEARS announced a tour.
- Photographer Stephen McGill took some pictures at serpentwithfeet's recent show.
- Contributor Christopher Barrett interviewed Magnus Blixtberg of the Satanic Surfers.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at firstname.lastname@example.org to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.