Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Stephen McGill
- Swingin' Utters announced a tour and released a song.
- The Chris Gethard Show was cancelled.
- Some staff members wrote about what they have been playing on their turntables.
- Target apologized for their CBGB display.
- Alkaline Trio released a lyric video.
- Municipal Waste and High On Fire announced a tour.
- Rancid and Murphy's Law have a split 7-inch coming out.
- Fear announced some shows.
- Songs by Mischief Brew and Guignol are in the extended cut of Deadpool 2.
- The Ship Thieves are working on a new album and have signed to Chunksaah Records.
- Night Birds released a video.
- Danzig will be releasing a feature film.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.