Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: @AmoebaHollywood - Instagram
- Listen to the Punkews Podcast Misfits Special!
- Listen to the Punknews Podcast Samhain and Danzig Special!
- PEARS performed a cover of “Camptown Races.”
- Pat Society of Violent Society and Battalion Zoska wrote about when he tried out to be The Misfits' new lead vocalist.
- The Specials will be releasing a new album.
- Features editor John Gentile asked some notable punk musicians what The Misfits meant to them.
- Iron Chic and Toys That Kill announced a split LP.
- Thursday announced a tour.
- Laura Jane Grace and the Devouring Mothers streamed their new album.
- Unfortunately, Hardy Fox of The Residents passed away.
- Generation Sex played a show in Los Angeles.
- A long lost Ramones music video was released.
And so ends Misfits week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at firstname.lastname@example.org to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.
Follow Punknews.org on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr.