Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Stephen McGill
- Win tickets to see the Mad Caddies!
- Bad Religion released a new song.
- Hot Water Music announced 25th anniversary full album shows.
- Angel Du$t signed to Roadrunner Records and released new tracks.
- A fake band called Threatin booked a tour and then it collapsed.
- Old Firm Casuals announced a tour.
- Editor Adam White interviewed Shelby Wilson and Kat McGouran of WLMRT.
- Jeff Rosenstock will be recording a live record in February.
- Tom Delonge will be releasing a children's book.
- The line up for Flogging Molly's 2019 Salty Dog Cruise was announced.
- US Bombs announced a new album.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.